Re: Memory leak!! - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From guru prasad
Subject Re: Memory leak!!
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi All,

> while (1) {
>   my $sth = $Dbh->prepare("select user_id from users
> limit 1");
>   print "sql executed and returned :",
> $sth->execute, "\n";
>   $sth->finish();
> }
>
> make any difference?

I tried it. Here's the observation. Initially, the
script didn't eat so much RAM and it just stayed at
6604 MB for some time (atleast for 4 hours). I wanted
the script to run for more than a day. Next day, when
i did a 'top' in my  RH Linux box, the mem. occupied
by the script was 8028 MB of RAM. Why the difference ?

May be, my test script wasn't a perfect one to check
for memory leaks in DBI or DBD::Pg. How can i create a
more efficient test script to check for memory leaks ?
Using the script, i should be able to find out any
memory leak, in about say 1 or 2 hours. Any thoughts ?

Also, i wanted to narrow down the problem, ie. whether
the problem is in DBI or DBD::Pg. Could anyone throw
some light on where should i start ? I can go by trial
& error method to find out but at the same time, i
feel there will be many guru's in this list who can
help me out.

Regards,
Guru Prasad.