Re: No source files from which to build Postgis extension - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: No source files from which to build Postgis extension
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Norman,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 04:33:26PM -0400, Norman Vine wrote:
> Jason Tishler writes:
> Thank you for looking at this :-)

You are welcome.

> > Please submit a patch to <pgsql-patches@postgresql.org> to add the
> > missing DLLIMPORT for cpu_index_tuple_cost to
> > src/include/optimizer/cost.h.
>
> OK, Will do

Thanks.

> > BTW, under 7.3.2-1, I get the following link errors:
> [snip]
> >     -L ../../src/backend -lpostgres
>
> Yes ,  I usually hardwire this into the Makefile

Thanks for the confirmation.

> > I used the attached patch to the PostGIS Makefile to workaround this
> > "problem." Is this cockpit error on my part?  Or, is the patch
> > really necessary?
>
> AH... Your makefile patch is the correct solution :-)

My patch is a workaround *not* the solution.  It appears that the
following Makefile line attempted to deal with this issue:

    override DLLLIBS := $(BE_DLLLIBS) $(DLLLIBS)

However, the above does not seem to work (anymore).

Additionally, my patch does not handle the Proj4 case.

> TO PostGIS maintainers Please apply this patch to the PostGIS makefile

PostGIS maintainers, please do not apply this patch as is.  I'm willing
to help develop a real patch, if there is interest.

Jason