aaagh... postgres is segfaulting? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua Moore-Oliva
Subject aaagh... postgres is segfaulting?
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying a fresh install of postgres on a redhat machine (gcc 2.96) compiled
from source.

I am getting messages along these lines in the logfile, and php is telling me
that the backend abruptly ended the connection.

How can i go about fixing this?

Josh.
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2003-04-09 06:20:55 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/1816C2C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/1816C2C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 5882; next oid: 164471
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  server process (pid 29227) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-04-09 06:22:07 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/1816C2C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/1816C2C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 5882; next oid: 164471
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 0/1816C6C
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/181F160
LOG:  redo done at 0/181F13C
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  server process (pid 18767) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
WARNING:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-04-09 06:27:20 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/184954C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/184954C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 6997; next oid: 172663
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 0/184958C
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/186DF6C
LOG:  redo done at 0/186DF48
LOG:  database system is ready