Re: Anyone working on better transaction locking? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From cbbrowne@cbbrowne.com
Subject Re: Anyone working on better transaction locking?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ron Peacetree wrote:
> ...and if so, what are the current efforts focusing on?

What is it that you think of as being potentially "better" about some
would-be-alternative "transaction locking" scheme?

PostgreSQL already supports MVCC, which is commonly considered to be the
"better" scheme that eliminates a lot of need to lock data.

Furthermore, the phrase "transaction locking" doesn't seem to describe
what one would want to lock.  I wouldn't want to lock a "transaction;"
I'd want to lock DATA.
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@cbbrowne.com")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html