Re: Stuff that doesn't work yet in IPv6 patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kurt Roeckx
Subject Re: Stuff that doesn't work yet in IPv6 patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 04:47:45PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> The IPv6 patch seems to still be a few bricks shy of a load.  Grepping
> for places that handle AF_INET but not AF_INET6 revealed these
> unimplemented features:
>
> 1. IDENT authorization.  Fails if either local or remote address is IPv6.

I've actually written this already.

> 2. SSL.  Postmaster allows SSL for AF_INET but not AF_INET6.

Hmm, it really shouldn't matter if it uses AF_INET or AF_INET6
...  I should look into that.

> 3. Client address display in backend's ps display seems to be v4 only.

I'll take a look at that too.

> 4. pgstat code can only bind to 127.0.0.1 (v4 loopback).  On a v6-only
>    machine this would not exist, would it?

I'm not sure, but I think I changed something about that.  Can
you point me to that code?

Kurt