Converting from dbase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nolan@celery.tssi.com
Subject Converting from dbase
Date
List pgsql-general
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/incoming/dbf2pg-3.0.tar.gz, but that does
> not exists.

'incoming' directories are often hidden as a security precaution.

> Also, there is a contrib/dbase in the source of 7.3.2, but can't seem to
> get it to make. The README is more of a manual than installation
> instructions. Anyone familiar with getting contribs installed,
> particularly this one?

What OS/environment are you on?

I had no problems building dbf2pg under Redhat linux.  Under freeBSD I had
to make sure that 'make' references gmake and not the freebSD make utility.

The version of dbf2pg in the contrib/dbase directory has a couple of problems,
it does not handle memo fields and it fails on numeric fields that are all
blanks.  (I have a short patch which corrects the latter problem by setting
the field to 0.)
--
Mike Nolan
nolan@tssi.com