Re: Problem to add a delay to a date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Problem to add a delay to a date
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 03 Apr 2003 12:28 pm, Thierry Missimilly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to create a function in charge of adding a delay to a timestamp.
> Here are the stange results on Postgres 7.3.1.
> working with psql :
>
> test=# select now() + '60' as time;
>                 time
> --------------------------------------
> 2003-03-24 16:04:53.8680551+01
> (1 row)
>

> and when i want to create a function :
>
> test=# create function addtime() returns timestamp as 'select now() +
> ''60'' ' language 'sql';
> ERROR: return type mismatch in function: declared to return timestamp
> without time zone, returns timestamp with time zone

The error is precisely as stated. The function is defined as returning
"timestamp" (without time zone) and now() returns "timestamp with time zone"
- hence the difficulty.

You'll either need to change the function's return type or cast the output of
now().
--
  Richard Huxton