Re: Making Complicated References - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Making Complicated References
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 03:06:46 +0000,
  "Daniel R. Anderson" <dan@mathjunkies.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have tables A, B, and C.  foo within Table B & C references foo in
> table A.  I want bar in table C to reference bar in table B -- but I
> want it to reference only those bars in B with a foo that is the same.
>
> Is that possible?

If foo + bar is a candidate key for B, then you can use a multicolumn
foriegn key. If foo + bar isn't a candidate key for B, then I think you
will need to explain more about what you are trying to do.