Re: ECPG thread-safety - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: ECPG thread-safety
Date
Re: ECPG thread-safety  (Manfred Spraul <manfred@colorfullife.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday 28 March 2003 21:30, you wrote:
> Would someone take those patches and hunt around for proper 'configure'
> tests?  I can do the configure coding, but I don't know what tests to
> make.
>
>     http://services.csl.co.uk/postgresql/

I also need configure tests for thread for one of my other application and
don't know how to put them. So I have left those as additional ldflags
options to users.

I suggest we somehow test following config to start with

1) Linuxthreads on linux
Threads are usually installed in /usr/ So pthread.h and -lpthread should work
on most setups.

2) Native freeBSD threads
pthread.h in /usr/include and lc_r

3)linuxthreads on freeBSD, ports collection
/usr/local/include/pthreads/linuxthreads/pthread.h
/usr/local/lib/libpthread.so

For testing the library, I think it is enough to init an thread attr. like
pthread_init_attr, that should be enough to test header and library.

I don't how we are going to let people specify thread implementation where
there are multiple thread libraries are available .e.g. freeBSD.

HTH
Shridhar