Re: timestamp/date in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: timestamp/date in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:33:09PM +0100, Christoph Haller wrote:

> > Hmm, maybe the transformation in the other direction is the culprit.
> > What I do is call ts1 = PGTYPEStimestamp_atot("2000-7-12 17:34:29",
> NULL); followed by a text = PGTYPEStimestamp_ttoa
> (ts1); Needless to say the resulting text is not "2000-7-12 17:34:29".
> :-(
> >
> I could not dig too deep into the code until now,
> but isn't there a leading zero missing
> 2000-07-12 17:34:29

Sure, but that shouldn't be a problem. Note, however, that I just ran a
short test that worked as advertized. Right now it seems ecpglib does
call the new functions incorrectly. When calling them directly it seems
to work. Unfortunately I have no time to dig into it right now. But I
surely will soon.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes