Re: Please clarify with regard to Renaming a Sequence - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Please clarify with regard to Renaming a Sequence
Date
List pgsql-general
Please reply to the list, not just me. On the list many people can answer
your question.

If you rename a sequence it doesn't affect any other property (including
where it is upto). Surely you could have tried this out and seen how it
works?

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 12:33:59PM +0530, Anand B Kumar wrote:
> Martijn
>
> Thanx for your reply.  But my question was to know, whether the sequence
> would be maintained if we rename the sequence to a new name!!  We are
> equally aware of the alter command, but let us know about the continuity of
> the sequence

Attachment