Re: A bad behavior under autocommit off mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: A bad behavior under autocommit off mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > > Does the change worth the trouble ?
> > > Please don't break BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY easily.
> >
> > It clearly fixes an existing bug,
>
> My proposal also fixes the bug though Tom objected to it.

Yes, there are other ways to fix this --- but this is the cleanest, and
I think cleans up some surprising functionality.  We cleaned up some
suprises in 7.3 (pg_atoi), and if we don't do cleanups like this, we
accumulate a system that behaves eratically --- as you showed in the
original report of psql -c not working for autocommit off.

Pennsylvania19073