Re: Error loading /usr/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Error loading /usr/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 19 Mar 2003 4:17 pm, wsheldah@lexmark.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently upgraded a test server from postgresql 7.2.2 to version
> 7.3.2, and also rebuilt perl 5.8.0 on a gentoo linux system. Restoring the
> databases worked fine, selecting from tables works fine, but a simple
> insert statement generates this error:
>
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so failed: /lib/libc.so.6:
> version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so)

> The testrun table has a trigger that runs before insert or update, that
> calls a plpgsql function. This is evidently where the problem is. However,
> /lib/libc.so.6 clearly exists, and my current version of glibc appears to
> be 2.3
>
> What's the best way to go about fixing it?

Very peculiar - all I can think is that there's some old library files
somewhere. You might want to check the plpgsql.so is the new version, since
it looks like your libc is OK. Perhaps try "locate plpgsql.so" and see if
there is another version somewhere else.

Failing that, a make clean, and complete configure/make cycle for PostgreSQL
should deal with it I'd have thought.

--
  Richard Huxton