Re: Performance Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Performance Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Are you using the default settings in postgresql.conf? If so you will need to
tinker with the memory settings such as shared_buffers (I've currently set
mine to 1000 but am still learning and testing).

The default configuration is designed to ensure that postgres will start up
on as many installations as possible. It is not configured for performance -
that is left as an exercise for the DBA based on his/her individual
requirements. Search the archives for lots of tips.

Cheers,
Steve