Re: Installation question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Installation question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:22:09PM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Looks like you don't have adduser on your system, or that it;s not in
> your path (I suspect the latter).  Possibly postgres is getting
> installed in a location not in your path?

I know, I know, replying to myself, but reading that over, it didn't
even make sense to me.  What I _meant_ to say was that you probably
don't have adduser in a location on your path.  You could add it
explicitly before trying to install postgres. e.g.

$ PATH=$PATH:/path/to/adduser; export PATH
$ sudo [stuff to install postgres]

My guess is that adduser is in /sbin/ or /usr/sbin.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110