Re: stats_command_string default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Brown
Subject Re: stats_command_string default?
Date
Re: stats_command_string default?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Seems reasonable offhand ...
>
> > Here's the patch to make this happen.  The first is against 7.2.4, the
> > second is against CVS tip.
>
> You forgot documentation fixes.  Certainly the entry in
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-STATS-VIEWS
> needs to change; not sure if there are any other places, but that's your
> task to look...

Ooops.  Okay, the attached patch attached fixes that as well.  The
only references to pg_stat_get_backend_activity(), pg_stat_activity,
or stats_command_string that needed to be changed were those in
doc/src/monitoring.sgml.  If I missed something let me know.

So: the following patch fixes doc/src/monitoring.sgml and
src/backend/utils/adt/pgstatfuncs.c to make it possible to see your
own queries when looking at pg_stat_activity or when using the
pg_stat_get_backend_activity function.  The patch is against the
current (as of now :-) CVS tip.

--
Kevin Brown                          kevin@sysexperts.com