Re: Win32 Powerfail testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Win32 Powerfail testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Are you asking the way how to open files in the buffer
> > manager? If so, basically PostgreSQL uses open() with flags
> > (O_RDWR | PG_BINARY, 0600).
>
> I cannot find it now, but I'm sure I read that FlushFileBuffers() has no
> effect unless the file was opened with CreateFile() with the
> GENERIC_WRITE flag. A quick google shows quite a few people recommending
> that approach to others having trouble flushing files opened with fopen
> or _open.

I'm sure FlushFileBuffers() is usesless for files opend with open()
too.

As I said in the previlus mails, open()+_commit() does the right job
with the transaction log files. So probably I think I should stick
with open()+_commit() approach for ordinary table/index files too.
--
Tatsuo Ishii