Re: foreign key constraint across databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Siva Kumar
Subject Re: foreign key constraint across databases
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 06 March 2003 11:17 am, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Siva Kumar wrote:
> > Is it possible to have a column in Table-2 of Database-B to have a
> > foreign key constraint referencing Table-1 of Database-A?
>
> Not using the straight foreign key support (you might be able to put
> something together using dblink in your own triggers, but it'd probably be
> more trouble than it's worth)

That is disappointing. We really do need this feature for our application. I
heard that Oracle, MS SQL Server etc support this. What can we do to
implement this in Postgresql also? Where should we look for? and what skill
set is needed to extend Postgresql capabilities?

Sorry for asking such basic question in the list. We are a small company and
would like to contribute, but require a little hand-holding in the beginning

Best regards,

Siva

--
Ma Siva Kumar,