Re: wal-debug - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: wal-debug
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 03 Mar 2003 4:41 pm, you wrote:
> I am asking to improve performace.
> Can you explain me how WAL improves performance.
> ex:
> a query lasts 1 second when WAL would be disabled
> if it is enabled how WAL improves performance?
> What does it do?

I suggest you read postgresql admin guide about how WAL works. Furthermore
select queries are not affected by having or not having WAL. WAL deals with
insert/update/deletes.

I suggest you read the admin guide, start to end, even if you don't have any
other problems. That would asve great deal of time for you.

 Shridhar