Re: almost there on a design - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: almost there on a design
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Dennis Gearon wrote:

> 3/3/2003 10:25:12 AM, Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> wrote:
>
> If I create the necessary fields first in this order, no deferrment seems necessary:
>
> I'm thinking about trying to create a user which only has access to selects and stored
> procedures, so the web interface can ONLY use functions which take place in a transaction and
> take care of it that way.
>
> create an email,
> create a usr
> create a usr email.

That'll work from a function (currently), but from straight commands,
if you make it such that there must be a usremailaddrs row to make a usr,
then the second will fail.  If you try to make the usremailaddrs row
first, it fails due to the foreign key.