Re: Need Postgre 7.1.2 - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Need Postgre 7.1.2
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Michael,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 10:27:06AM +0100, laurenm1@netcourrier.com wrote:
> If I undestand correctly, I have to build it since it has long been
> gone from cygwin packages.

Yes, but see below...

> So I downloaded latest cygwin packages, cygipc and PostgreSQL 7.1.2-3
> sources.

Where did you get the "PostgreSQL 7.1.2-3 sources" from?  Maybe the
7.1.2-3 binary is available at the same place?  Note that the cygipc
binary can be used -- there is no need to build cygipc yourself.

> After copying libcygipc.a from /usr/local/lib to /lib, ./configure
> goes fine.

There is no need to do the above -- the linker will find libcygipc.a in
/usr/local/lib.

> But then make gives this error:
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
       ^^^^^^^
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
       ^^^^^^^

The above are just warnings and can be safely ignored.  So, it appears
that you have successfully built your own PostgreSQL 7.1.2 unless you
are getting others errors.

> If anybody can help on this particular problem, or tell me where to
> find either an old cygwin distribution coming with pre-compiled 7.1.2
> or 7.1.2 binaries going fine with current cygwin distribution, that
> would be a great help.

I happen to have 7.1.2-1, 7.1.2-3, and 7.1.3-2 lying around.  I can send
you one of them.  However, I would really prefer that you solve the
above build problems (if any) and use your own build.  I can't be in the
"business" of supporting multiple Cygwin PostgreSQL versions.  I'm not
getting paid enough from the current version to warrant it. :,)

Jason