Re: I cant find it or I'm just lazy ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: I cant find it or I'm just lazy ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 05:55:59PM +0000, Darko Prenosil wrote:

>     I am trying to create client buffer that will show only records that are
> needed by application(visible). Data should be send to client in "pages", not
> all the data at once. The idea is not to query for data that are already in
> the buffer.
BTW, if your applications happens to be in C++, libpqxx has a class
called CachedResult that would take a lot of this work out of your
hands.  It transparently fetches rows on-demand and caches them so
they don't get read more than once.  It can also figure out the
size of your result set for you.

You can find libpqxx at http://pqxx.tk/

Jeroen