Re: I cant find it or I'm just lazy ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: I cant find it or I'm just lazy ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 02:04:50PM +0100, Christoph Haller wrote:

> Anyway, you may MOVE until 0 instead of FETCH, or use the COUNT()
> function on the query to learn about the number of rows to be returned.

Hmm...  Wouldn't the reliability of a count() depend on the isolation
level?

OTOH the problem with MOVE ALL is that not all cursors support backward
scrolling, apparently, and there is no clear documentation (or even
diagnostics!) to determine whether they do.

Jeroen