Re: [urgent]need help transferring database to another server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [urgent]need help transferring database to another server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 08:12:50AM -0500, Peter Choe wrote:
> i am unable to do a pg_dumpall for some reason, so i was wondering if i
> copy the data directory from server to another, will the new server be able
> to read the data and i can dump the data?

It _should_ work.

Note, however, that pre-WAL versions of PostgreSQL are not really
crash safe.  There is a possibility that your data is in an
inconsistent state.

Are you _really_ stuck with 6.5?  I'd strongly suggest you
investigate upgrading after you recover your data, if you can.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110