Re: [urgent]need help transferring database to another server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [urgent]need help transferring database to another server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 08:35:47AM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 08:12:50AM -0500, Peter Choe wrote:
> > copy the data directory from server to another, will the new server be able
> > to read the data and i can dump the data?
>
> It _should_ work.

I should have qualified that: assuming the endian-ness and other such
attributes of the systems are the same.  You can't do that from, say,
Linux to Solaris.  Your best bet is to go to a system as similar as
possible.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110