Re: 7.4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: 7.4?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 04:12:41PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> April-ish.  Sometime after that it will go final.  Sometime after
> *that*, a prudent DBA might think about migrating to it.  How long do

This is a good point: 7.3 (i.e. with no dot-release) was a bad bet
for production use, because of the numbers of changes in the system;
PITR alone will require enough changes that I wouldn't trust it for
production use immediately.  Just because the software has been
released doesn't mean it's ready to put everywhere yet, especially
when you consider that dropping back a version is not something
really contemplated by the current upgrade path.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110