Re: [HACKERS] psql and readline - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [HACKERS] psql and readline
Date
Re: [HACKERS] psql and readline  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] psql and readline  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Here's the patch I promised over on HACKERS - it alters the implementation
of '\e' history tracking for systems that have a readline compatability
library without replace_history_entry.  I fall back to pushing the query
onto the history stack after the \e, rather than replacing it.

The patch adds one more place to look for readline headers, and a test
for replace_history_entry. I've only included the patch for configure.in -
I presume configure in CVS is generated on the central server? (I've got
autoconf 2.54 installed, the file in CVS was generated by 2.53 - there are
a number of diffs other than those caused by my additions to configure.in)

Patrick, does this patch work for you, in your build environment?

Ross

Attachment