Re: rownum - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From chester c young
Subject Re: rownum
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Considering that it can trivially be done on the client side, I think
> it would be a hard sell to put such a wart into the protocol ...

having used Oracle for many years, I cannot think of a project in which
I did not use rownum, including within procedures and triggers and
subqueries.  can usually be easily done - loop within loop - but more
easily and bugfree as column within select.

by "wart" do you mean aesthetically or code-wise?  naively, it seems
like pg is already keeping a row counter to implement limit.