Function will not back up on 7.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Function will not back up on 7.2.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Affects: 7.1.3, 7.2.1 to 7.2.3, not tested on 7.3.x or 7.4dev
Frequency:  100% Reproducable
Effect When Occurring:   Object Missing from Backup
Difficulty of Fix:  Unknown

For some time, I've been noticing that one of my database projects fails to=
=20
back up  a few functions every time I run pg_dump.    I've seen this since=
=20
7.1.3.   Finally, I have a sample of the database that invariably refuses t=
o=20
back up one function.=20=20=20

Given that the database in question uses functions that call other function=
s=20
that call views, it's probably some sort of dependancy issue.   What can I=
=20
ship people so that we can resolve this?

--=20
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco