Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Nicholas Allen
Subject Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?
Date
Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
List pgsql-sql
Thanks, but I don't think thats what I want. Basically I need to get the row
offset of a record (ie row) in a result set returned from the database. I
know all the details of the row in question but when the search order changes
I need to know the new index the row will have.

In other words, I was hoping I would be able to select upto a particular row
(not knowing its offset but knowing everything else about it) in a select
query.

Ideally I could do something like SELECT count(*) UNTIL col1=value1 &&
col2=val2 etc....

Of course there is no UNTIL in a select statement just a WHERE clause.

I know I didn't explain that very well!

Well I hope you can still help?