Re: moveToInsertRow SQL Exception "No Primary Keys" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From jr@amanue.com (Jim Rosenberg)
Subject Re: moveToInsertRow SQL Exception "No Primary Keys"
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> Let me know how this works

Bingo! A thousand thanks, your postgresql.jar works fine.

The one I had been using was pg73jdbc2.jar which I downloaded from
the PostgreSQL JDBC site just in the last couple of days.

Thanks for the ref in the White et al book on the primary key
issue. It looks to me like they didn't follow their own advice in
making examples for their book!!

As I said earlier, I don't really have a problem with the idea that
every table should have a primary key -- it's just good database
design. (Though I have to say that I have seen cases where one is
stuck with e.g. an ERP system that has a table in which the designer
got it wrong and the "primary index" is actually not unique -- ugh!)

Thanks again!

---
 Jim Rosenberg                                  http://www.well.com/user/jer/
     WELL: jer