Re: Firewalls and Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From KK
Subject Re: Firewalls and Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Alan:
    I'm running postgres DB's behind a local network with access
controlled via a linux machine, works well, but firewall is a pretty
generic term..  Our implementation is based on a host running linux
using iptables to manage access, though you may have problems with ident,
hostssl and userid/password work fine.  Ident may work if you use the same
port mapping on the point of control (firewall machine) and on the
host which servers up postgres on the local (protected) lan.  If the ports
are not the same on the point of control and the protected postgres
host, ident seems to get confused and does not work..

Kenny