Re: No migration path for MONEY - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Darcy Buskermolen
Subject Re: No migration path for MONEY
Date
List pgsql-bugs
The problem here is not that we are getting rid of MONEY as datatype, (I se=
e=20
no need for it with having numeric) the problem comes from haveing no way t=
o=20
migrate MONEY to NUMERIC short of hand editing  the pgdump file and then=20
reimporting.  Yes I know I can use sed, but that is not the point.  In 7.1=
=20
and prior I could do a SELECT '1.0'::MONEY::TEXT or  to NUMERIC or to FLOAT=
=20
even.=20