Re: overloaded function question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: overloaded function question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 11:26:41 -0800,
  Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> Since int4 can implicitly convert to text and float8, I think cube(int4)
> is ambiguous.  cube(float4) probably will fail as well.

I was just playing with this a bit more, and that is what I was going to ask
next.

I guess for the regression tests I will just use a cast so that things
work as is in 7.4.

If someone eventually comes up with the system for picking the cast chain that
you want automagically, maybe it won't be necessary anymore.