Re: Crash Recovery, pt 2 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Crash Recovery, pt 2
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 08:12:19AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On commercial databases, there's a command to flush the roll-forward
> logs to tape at intervals during the day.

[. . .]

> Are there any FM's that explain how this works in Postgres?

Not yet, because you can't do it.

There is, I understand, some code currently being included in 7.4 to
do this.  So that's when it'll happen.  Look for "point in time
recovery" or "PITR" on the -hackers list to see the progress.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110