Re: ECPG, threading and pooling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG, threading and pooling
Date
Re: ECPG, threading and pooling  (Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:40:33PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar<shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> I would like to use ECPG as it is relatively easy to code. However my
> application is multithreaded and also uses connecion pools.

I'm afraid it needs some work to be thread-safe. sqlca is defined
statically. No big deal it seems to implement a thread safe version but
I haven't yet found the time.

> I would like to know if ECPG is thread safe and I can use an arbitrary PGconn*
> object pulled from a connection pool.

Not sure what you mean with this?

> Do I need to use connection name? I mean how do I store connection name in an
> array or so?

How else would you decide against whcih connection to run the statement?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De