Bug #880: COMMENT ON DATABASE depends on current database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #880: COMMENT ON DATABASE depends on current database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Marcin Kaminski (alternative@maxiu.com) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
COMMENT ON DATABASE depends on current database

Long Description
PostgreSQL has mechanism for commenting databases.
Database comments can by read by obj_description(oid),
psql \l+ command use it. Database comments should be
global, but they are not, when we do \l+ on one database,
and then on other, results will be different.
I consider it is a bug, database is global object (You
can connect to it from any database) but their comments
are not.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report