Re: Perl DBI Part II - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Peter Lavender
Subject Re: Perl DBI Part II
Date
List pgsql-novice
* Cheryl Thompson (cthompso@ci.irving.tx.us) wrote:

> I realize Perl is installed Windows side.
> I don't know how to get past the make, make test, make install steps without
> Cygwin...
> They just don't work in DOS (obviously)!

If you are running perl from windows/dos, I suggest you head over to
www.activestate.com and install their perl distrobution.  Included
with it is the ppm (their perl package manager).

With this you can then do something like at the commandline:

ppm search DBD

Once you locate the driver...

ppm install <module>

if you have to use the CPAN modules, you will need to find nmake.exe,
which I htink  is available on the MS website for free and use this to
handle the make files.  But if you have to use a c compiler.. I'm not
sure what your options are there.. I've never bothered to look into
it.  PPM works well enough for me.

Pete
:wq