Re: PL/Python - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Jenkins
Subject Re: PL/Python
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 21 January 2003 12:49 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tom Jenkins <tjenkins@devis.com> writes:
> > I believe the logic is correct (if the python object is None then send
> > to the typfunc a NULL) but I don't know how to code it correctly.
>
> You shouldn't call the typfunc at all if you want a NULL --- just set
> the null flag for that datum slot.
>
>             regards, tom lane

please pardon me if this is really obvious, but i can't seem to find a null
flag in the structures i have in that function.  I don't get how to set the
null flag for the datum slot.  I'm still learning how to work with the
backend code.

any help is appreciated,

Tom