Re: automatic restart on reboot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: automatic restart on reboot
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Aurangzeb M. Agha wrote:

> I'm deploying Postgres on a production environment and wanted to know if
> people could share what steps they've taken to have their DB's come back
> up on system reboot (either on purpose or accidental).
>
> Are there any things to check for?
>
> What about postmaster.pid, /tmp/blah..., etc...  Any script examples would
> be appreciated.

On FreeBSD, this is handled by the script /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh
and you can view the latest copy at:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/databases/postgresql7/files/pgsql.sh.tmpl?rev=1.14

Files in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ which are +x and have a .sh suffx are
automatically run at boot time.