Re: Vacuum deadlocks? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Vacuum deadlocks?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Eric,

> vacuumdb is a shell script wrapper around the backend command VACUUM via the
PostgreSQL interactive terminal psql. There is no effective difference
between vacuuming databases via this or other methods.

Gee, can you tell how often I've used the script?  <grin>

The only related fix between 7.2.1 and 7.2.3 I can find is on:
http://www3.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/release-7-2-3.html
" Prevent spinlock hangs on SMP PPC machines (Tomoyuki Niijima)"

It would be worth either upgrading or consulting other OSX users to see if
anyone else has observed this; the bug may still be present in current
versions since our OSX community is rather small.

I use PostgreSQL on OSX, but on an low-transaction database and have never
obseved this bug, either in 7.2.1 or in 7.2.3.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions