Re: UPDATE with a SELECT and subSELECT(About comparing dates and non dates data) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From javier garcia
Subject Re: UPDATE with a SELECT and subSELECT(About comparing dates and non dates data)
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thanks Christoph;

Typing what you told me there was an errror; I' ve changed it slightly an it
seems that this sintax is correct. I say "it seems" because the computer
begins to process the query but doesn't finish it. I've leaved it working for
more than half an hour, before cancel it, with no result.

Thank you anyway. This is what I think is a good sintax for UPDATE - SELECT -
SUBSELECT. Perhaps in mor simple cases it works. May someone is interested in
it.

Javier

UPDATE  series_lluvia SET st7237=(SELECT rain FROM (SELECT cod_variable, cod_station, year, month, 1 as day, rain_day1
asrainFROMpluviometria WHERE ten=1 UNION ALL...SELECT cod_variable, cod_station, year, month, 31 as day, rain_day11
asrainFROM pluviometria WHERE ten=3 AND rain_day11 IS NOT NULL

ORDER BY cod_station, year, month, day) AS temp WHERE cod_station=7237) AS
temp2  WHERE series_lluvia.year=temp2.year AND
series_lluvia.month=temp2.month AND  series_lluvia.day=temp2.day);