Re: [7.3] can't connect with SSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From valerian
Subject Re: [7.3] can't connect with SSL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 12:44:13PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We did overhaul the SSL code for 7.3, and I was able to get it working
> using OpenSSL 0.9.6e 30 Jul 2002.  Have you read the new SSL
> documentation in 7.3?

Ah, so I must be using an outdated openssl then.  I had read the INSTALL
file before compiling v7.3, but it didn't mention anything beyond making
sure you have a full openssl installation (with headers and all that).

I checked the new docs, but the SSL section doesn't say much beyond how
to create certificates and setup your pg_hba.conf.  The SSH tunnel idea
works fine though.  Guess I'll run with that for now.  It's not as nice
as having 'hostssl' as the only remote connection option (since it
doesn't enforce encryption), but oh well.