Re: alter table differences on Cygwin and Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: alter table differences on Cygwin and Linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 03 Dec 2002 6:36 pm, Aurangzeb M. Agha wrote:
> I'm having a major headache with my Java application.  I'm running the
> same app on Cygwin (W2K) and Linux, accessing a Postgres DB.
>
> I've applied the following SQL to both DB's:
>
> alter table todo add column clubmusictypeid int;
> alter table todo add column barmusictypeid int;
> alter table todo add column numcinemascreens int;
> alter table todo add column foodtypeid int;

> Everything works fine on Cygwin, but Linux chokes!
> I don't know if there's something wrong (or incomplete) with the way I'm
> doing the 'alter', or if there's a prob with the JDBC diver on the
> different platforms.
> On both systems, I'm running 7.2.3.  The Linux box is RH7.2.

Handful of further questtions:

What do you mean by "chokes"?
Do you get the same problem accessing the "todo" table from psql?
Can you pg_dump the schema for the database and the todo table?
From your description it sounds like you've got the app and PG running on
Cygwin and Linux (i.e. the same machine)?

--
  Richard Huxton