Help! Lost functions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From John Sklavounos
Subject Help! Lost functions
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello All,

I figured it out.  The problem was that the language tuple in the system table pg_language that represented plPGSQL was
deleted(no one admits to it) and when I recreated it the OID was different.  The solution was to update the pg_proc
tableand set the old OID in the prolang element to the new OID.

Hope this helps someone else...

John

From: "John Sklavounos" <jsklavo@snappydsl.net>
Date:  Tue,  3 Dec 2002 16:57:06 -0500

Hello,

We are running PostgreSQL v7.2 on a Red Hat v7.3 server.

The problem we're having is that the database lost the installed PLPGSQL handler.  The symptom we were having was that
allfunctions began failing for "cache lookup failed".  We then reinstalled it using the createlang command.  This had
theunfortunate side effect of wiping out all our functions in the database.

Since we have no backup (I know, I know - there is a management type whipping me right now) I am hoping someone can
helpme figure out where the missing functions might be in the raw file...

Please help!

TIA, John

http://archives.postgresql.org