Re: 7.4 Wishlist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From snpe
Subject Re: 7.4 Wishlist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday 29 November 2002 06:51 pm, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just out of interest, if someone was going to pay you to hack on Postgres
> for 6 months, what would you like to code for 7.4?
>
> My ones are:
>
> * Compliant ADD COLUMN
> * Integrated full text indexes
> * pg_dump dependency ordering
>
> What would you guys do?  Even if it isn't feasible right now...
>
> Chris

My wishlist :- savepoint- cursor out of a transaction- distributed databases and replication (two phase commit)- only
sharelock in foreign keys - prepare/execute on backend level- error in a statement break a statement, not complete
transaction

regards
Haris Peco