Re: 7.4 Wishlist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 7.4 Wishlist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 10:51:26AM -0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> Just out of interest, if someone was going to pay you to hack on Postgres
> for 6 months, what would you like to code for 7.4?

Well, nobody is paying me, but I want to

- fix the btree problem leaking unused pages (I think I'm getting near, I just haven't had free time during the last
month). This one is a must to me.

- try different regexp algorithms, compare efficiency.  Both Henry Spencer's new code for Tcl, and Baeza-Navarro
shift-orapproach (can be much faster than "traditional" regex engines) (do people care for allowing "search with
errors",similar to what agrep and nrgrep do?)

"Nunca confiaré en un traidor.  Ni siquiera si el traidor lo he creado yo"
(Barón Vladimir Harkonnen)