Re: Is current_user a function ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masaru Sugawara
Subject Re: Is current_user a function ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 28 Nov 2002 11:34:49 -0500
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> wrote:

> Force the system to use it as a function.
> select "current_user"();

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:20:59 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > As for some current_*** functions, "select current_user;" seems to
> > work, but  "select current_user();" doesn't .
>
> Complain to the SQL spec authors --- they mandated this peculiar keyword
> syntax for what is really a function call.

Since current_user() can be used in 7.2, I have thought it would work in 7.3 too.
I now understand it doesn't work any more -- as well, session_user(), user(),
current_date(), current_time(), current_timestamp() and etc.

Thank you, Rod and Tom.

Regards,
Masaru Sugawara