Re: Createlang Pltclu failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From suresh s
Subject Re: Createlang Pltclu failed
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Madhavi <madhavi@zoniac.com> wrote:
> I don't have tcl in my database. And I have done it
> as su - postgres and
> only then createlang pltclu ion. But Now I'm getting
> the error that says,
>     pltcl_call_handler does not exist
>
> Is it because I have downloaded pltcl.so file and
> tried installing it afetr
> I have already installed postgres? Is it a MUSt that
> I install tcl along
> with postgres? Or is anything else wrong?
>
> Thanx
> MAdhavi
>
> > Error: Load of file /usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so
> failed:
> > /usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so:
> > Undefined symbol: Tcl_CreateSlave
> > Createlang: language installation failed

u have to define a handler for the the language

these are the supported languages
'plpgsql', 'pltcl', 'pltclu', and 'plperl'.

run this script at postgres
CREATE FUNCTION pltcl_call_handler () RETURNS opaque
AS '/usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so'
LANGUAGE 'C';

CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'pltcl'
HANDLER pltcl_call_handler