Re: Two features left - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jon Swinth
Subject Re: Two features left
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, so it looks like your nested transactions and savepoints are really the
same thing.  The question is, are you going to change the way SQL exceptions
are handled so that simply abort that SQL statement don't require a rollback?
With your enhancement, it sounds like calling BEGIN before each SQL statement
could acheive what I am asking for, but the issue is existing applications
will not expect to have to do so.